Uganda Solo Adventure Trip!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Introduction

This trip has been in making since December 2007.  Initially I was to take the risk of venturing it alone, a couple of weeks ago I spoke to my buddy from KZN about it and he had but one choice, to come with me.  He is as hooked as I am - I think the best thing that has happened to me even before the journey has commenced.

Departure Date

Scheduled to depart on the 10th December 2008 at 2:00pm local time.

Funding

Our hard earned quid. :biggrin:

Backup

None whatsoever :eek: but the dogs.

Bike

The plan initially was to ride KLR 650 2008, but this is now shelved.  A couple of weeks ago I accidentally bumped on a very good review of the V-strom 650.  I read a bit more and decided that was the bike to take us on this trip.  I am already paying for it and should have it by September 2008.  To wet your curiosity a wee bit, its yellow- for visibility  :ricky:.  Pictures to come as soon as I have it.

Travel Gear

We will compile the list with the dogs.  So patience needed here.

Countries to Visit

South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique.

Distance to cover

By our calculations 14.000 Km return trip.

Route

We are still working on the coordinates :lamer:

Quantity of Petrol Required

700 litres (154 British gallons) at 2 dollars a litre.

This list will expand as we begin checking the items that are ready, required or merely that the calculations have changed.  Dogs, your input is invaluable.  Will keep you posted as events develop.