Umvoti Explore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
The term "offroad" gets used quite often on the forum, and depending who is talking it can mean gravel highway, dirt road, dirt track or goat path.

Well I learned this morning that when Trevorwb uses the term offroad he means virgin bush.

3 of us met up in Fawn Leas this morning, me and Mr G (David) on XR's and Trevor on his 950SE. Trevor said we would be exploring routes next to the Umvoti River, so off we set down into the valley, sometimes following rough footpaths, more often making our own tracks.

Didn't have time for more than a couple of pics at some of the many river crossings we did.

Attachments

• DSC04267.jpg
    DSC04267.jpg
    185.1 KB
  • DSC04274.jpg
    DSC04274.jpg
    168.9 KB
  • DSC04276.jpg
    DSC04276.jpg
    145 KB
  • DSC04277.jpg
    DSC04277.jpg
    247 KB
Some more pics:

Attachments

• DSC04280.jpg
    DSC04280.jpg
    184 KB
  • DSC04281.jpg
    DSC04281.jpg
    190.7 KB
  • DSC04288.jpg
    DSC04288.jpg
    259.9 KB
Thanks guys, was an awesome morning  :thumleft:

GS riders will definately need a snorkel or 2 in those rivers.

I was wondering how bad the write up would be.
A lesson or two was learned......It is better to load Google Earth on the GPS than on the brain.
I/we will go back to one or two places when the river drops in winter.
Those rutted goat highways and the odd small rock alongside the river is what makes it adventure riding.Someone needs to find these new trails.I was finished by the end where we split up.My flu is hanging on .Anyway I was lazy with helmet cam and only snapped 2 with the phone.
Thanks John & Dave for the good outing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB
Trevor, is that the same river we crossed with Bushcat?

IanTheTooth said:
Jon, looks like my 250 "to much like cheating" may also be described in this case as "appropriate tool for the job in hand." Ian :pot:

"appropriate tool" got nothing to do with it

you needed to sweat like the rest of us  :biggrin:

Just kidding, your 250 would have been perfect for this ride.

At one stage when Dave and I were muttering that we should have brought plastics, Trevor sensibly took us to a nearby shebeen for a rest coz he said he was sensing mutiny in the air.

trevorwb said:
John where are the shots of Dave and his bike exiting the river separately.

Was too slow to capture that spectacular launch up the bank on film  :mad:

Would have made an interesting pic

Pity you guys missed the shot of Dave exiting the river seperated from his bike, would of pissed myself laughing  :imaposer: !!!!
Karma is a bitch Dave :pot:!!!
I think if the usual group rode there would of been a good few laughs :ricky:!!
Glad to see you didnt drown your bike.

Wait unitl Trevor says " Lets do a technical ride !!" ,then you start scheming "hier kom kak!"  :pot:
But then again Dave can also catch you if he wants  :ricky:!!
All said & done looks like you guys had a good ride, with lekker pics & short & sweet RR :spitcoffee:!!

One more chirp, who is organising Sundays ride, Trevor or Dave?
Craig says he wont chicken out coz he got a babelaas, & I wont be working, hopefully :patch:!!

Sorry but also happy I missed the ride.Dont know if I would have made it.
Leaving for Namibia on Wednesday but more Dirt Roads than Tracks.Will post pics later.

This is what riding is about. Nice one.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk HD

Ja,ja,ja ...been busy cleaning sand and stones out of all the nooks and crannies on my bike...got some pics to add from the ride, but I am away from the computer to load them...good ride all the same....will load soon...