Universal brackets/adaptors for pannier brackets!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
:eek7:

About a year and a bit ago, I started to design a Universal bracket/mounting plate that would allow any luggage, whether an Aluminium case or whether Soft luggage to be mounted on a bike.
The idea was that you could use teh BMW Pannier rails - but fit any other luggage via the adaptor..... therefore saving the hassle and expense to constantly change the pannier rails.

The idea was also to have Model-specific mounting plates......  in other words you could buy a basic set that would allow you to switch a Pannier from a BMW to a KLR, DR etc.

Most of the design work has been completed ..................  but last week I got the shock of my life (and a boot in my rear) when visiting the MCN bike show................. ONLY to see the "New" design concept that is just being launched by Kriega (albeit for their bags and their pannier rails)  :-[ :-[

Now I know I'm onto a good thing and hopefully once we set up shop in Cape Town.......... the development will be completed and I'll be able to offer this to the WD's at reasonable and very affordable prices...............

The idea/concept ..........

Attachments

• p1040184custom.jpg
    p1040184custom.jpg
    82.6 KB