Upgrading GPS Software

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Last night Excalibur came to my house so I could download the GSC routes & tracks onto his GPS.

That all done I decided to check if his GPS is fitted with the latest version of software so I run web updater. Turns out he's running Ver 3.70 while the latest is Ver 4.10.

We do the update, all is fine, but the GPS doesn't pick up any sattelites.
The problem occurs when the update version differs by one full digit - i.e. from Ver 3 to 4 for eg.

To fix the problem one needs to go to the page where it displays which sattelites is being picked up. There are two circles, one within the other and it displays the various sattelite numbers in there.
On that page press the "menu" option, and select "New Location". At the next promp, "Automatic" or "On the Map" select the "On the Map" option and now move the map cursor to any point on the SA map. Your map cursor might be pointing at a position somewhere in the USA, so just scroll right till you find the SA map, then press "Enter" and the unit will start finding "our space" sattelites.
Fixed :D

Apparently if you don't do this the unit will try to acquire the sattelites in the US airspace, therefor not work as it should.