Uvex Carbon Enduro Achilles heel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passin

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I bought  a Uvex Carbon Endure a couple of months ago, and although it appeared a very well engineered lid, it has, IMHO, a design flaw.

The 2 clips on the side, holding the visor and peak in place keep on breaking. I have replaced 5 of them during the last 5 months, at R100 a shot ( for a 10c piece of plastic?), and the latest 2 are also broken. This means that I have to pay a premium price of about R120/month for wearing the lid.

These clips are very stupid design, with only 2 very flimsy little cheap plastic studs holding the clip in place. If this is “German engineering” I can see why they lost the war.  Strangely the, somewhat cheaper, poly carbon model seem to have a  better mechanism for attaching the peak & visor..

Although I wear the helmet daily, I am not mistreating the helmet/visor/peak in any way, and  remove the broken pieces from the helmet side as well before replacing with a new one.
Have any other of you experienced the same problem, or did I get a lemon? If so have anyone found any workable solutions for the problem, except for
a. riveting the peak and visor onto the helmet
b. keep on replacing the clips

Except for this, t is very comfortable to wear and have an exceptional visor. I have luckily not had the opportunity yet to test it's protective properties.