• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: KTM 690 or 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onderbroek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Hi All

So I recently hit a high of 3 bikes in the garage, and it was awesome.

However, 2 of the 3 have been sold as this was part of my initial plan to save up some money for an Adventure bike (not dual sport or on/off )  - the goal of this bike is to make me Smile, get the blood pumping.  A bike that makes you go into the garage late at night just to start it quickly listen to it for a while , shut it off and go back to bed.
A bike that I can get on a Saturday morning, and end up 400km away at nightfall.

My first thoughts were GS800, but after thinking about it for a while and reading too many XPat and MaxThePAnda Ride reports. It became clear that for the type of riding that I want to do an 800 won't cut it.

I would love a 690 with rally kit,  I've read here and there that the rally kit might be overkill, but it sure looks good (this is coming from a guy who for the bigger part of his life thought a dr650 is the best looking bike, and I still kinda  feel this way (a kitted one))

But I'm also not straying away from a 500  if it's a good deal.

The pro's and cons of both models have been discussed at length.

But I kinda think I want a 690.

Should anyone know of anything please let me know.