Wanted: Lift to Clanwilliam / Vredendal for bike (and rider) on Fri. 10 May??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I live in Somerset West and I am hoping to ride around the northern part of the West Coast this weekend. I am keen to cut the tar travel to the minimum, so if all else fails, I'll tow the bike to Clanwilliam or Vredendal and ride from there.

I thought I would just take a chance first, to see if anyone is heading for Clanwilliam from Cape Town / Stellenbosch / Somerset West area(s) on the afternoon of Fri. 10 May. Ideally, I would like to put the bike (Dakar) on the back of a bakkie, truck or trailer. I can get to a pick-up point and join the ride from there.

Would be SUPER ideal if I also get a ride back to the Sunday (12 May) afternoon.

I am prepared to contribute to the cost of the ride.

Scenario 1:
I get a lift for me and the Dakar to Clanwilliam / Vredendal area on Friday and I ride back.

Scenario 2:
I get a lift for me and the Dakar to Clanwilliam / Vredendal area on Friday and I get a lift back (by the same or different person) on Sunday.

Scenario 3:
I can put the bike on a trailer if I know that I can find someone willing to tow it to Clanwilliam / Vredendal area AND someone to tow it back on Sunday. Obviously, this option only works if I have two way (towing) lifts. I can leave the trailer somewhere for the weekend, but it would need a towing lift back.

Anyone? (fingers crossed)