WARM STUFF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
We / I am a week away from going on a winter ride . have done fair testing and I am 98% happy . My last /final test was on Thursday , did a full kit test and could feel the chill on my arms , had thermal base layers , more layers , and a down body warmer , apart from my arms feeling the cold the rest was fine .
i now have two options to consider , I have a a down type jacket , but the fill is not great , wear this as a mid layer and take my chances or buy a another down jacket , OR take the plunge and buy a good down jacket that would offer many years of service .
I know my head is leaning towards the good one , as I would be Pd off with myself if I go on the trip and get cold .
The price is sort off a hand brake right now , but long term benefit outweighs the price a bit . A big + point is that the jacket is packable into its own pocket . making it easy to cart around . and if temps warm up I can take it off and pack it away.
long way round question is would you spend the "extra: money on a good warm jacket for a trip , or take a chance with what you have and hope for best . Right now I think many of us have experienced the current weather conditions , so is it HART or HEAD . and both is uncertain , because getting cold on a bike trip is not pleasant !