WC: Amageza Mieliepap Run (pilot): 26 November 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Camelman

My fellow dogs...  ;D

We were approached by an elder in Mbekweni township outside Paarl. The 60 year old elder gentleman and his wife traveled from 05:00 using public transport to come to our offices in Bloubergstrand.

Helping the community using the Amageza as a platform has been one of the objectives from the start. I cannot spend R2k on a bike tyre knowing that 20km from me, there is a child or a old person going to bed hungry.

I don't know how this old gent came to hear about it, but I'm sure glad he did!

They have given us a list of 30 elder households in dire need of basic food. We are going to ask 30 riders to join us for this pilot run. If it proves to be successful, we will try and do this country-wide, everywhere there is need, including households with no income, and Aids-orphans. This is over-and-above what we will be doing in the towns the Amageza Run will be passing through.

What we require from you, is your Saturday morning, and R100. We are going to buy the basic supplies in bulk, so as to stretch the R100 as far as we can. Then on Saturday we will meet at the Engen 1 Stop on the N1 outside Cape Town, and ride as a group to the church in Mbekweni where we will meet them. Every biker will then hand over his package from our truck to a person.

We want you to see who you are helping and maybe continue to do so after we leave.

The plan is to get it all done by 12:00 on Saturday.

If you want to join this ride or donate funds to the fund, please email admin at amageza dot com.