What jacket? ...or not...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Reaction score
My Lookwell Endeavour has had it's day - served me exceptionally well for 5 years already, but really, it's time to lay it to rest.

I've been looking at replacing it with just another similar jacket - the search function says that the Evo RallyCross is the way to go. except I can't find it anywhere ???

I also don't have the tom to pay for any BMW-priced kit.  Important for me would be good ventilation, firstly, and durability (I wore my Endeavour almost every day for those 5 years, how's THAT for value for money).  I don't nearly fall as much as the_wes, but obviously protection is also pretty important.

So, in 2010, what would be a good jacket, for a good price?

... OR ...

Do you think it worthwhile to NOT look at replacing my jacket, but instead investing in full body armour, like the Acerbis Koerta (seemingly the best one, even by the_wes's admission ;D )?

I still have my old road jacket which will do just fine for the commute, but I really like this body armour idea!  It works out at more or less the same price, and protection is as good as you're probably going to get?  How suitable would it be for touring?  What are the pros and cons? etc...

Your input would be greatly appreciated  :thumleft: