What tyres - Versys in Baviaans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moondog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Hi

A few mates and I are going to Jeffreys Bay via Gariep, then returning via Baviaans in Sept - one guy in particular is going to be on a Versys - he know Baviaans well and is convinced that it will not be a problem - seeing the post on the two Vukas, he may well be right ....

Anyway, the stock tyres are very road orientated : Dunlop Roadsmart (tubeless) - Front 120/70 17s and rear 160/60 17s. I understand that Zonkel did Baviaans on his Versys with these stock tyres.

Question is : What are the most most suitable locally AVAILABLE tyres that will fit his rims - they need to be fine on the long distance road that we will be riding to and from the Cape (we only have 5 days, so we wont be doing much dirt en route).

I personally plan to keep the stock Anakee on the rear of my 800, but am considering putting a Heidie on the front (comments?) (NOTE : Any comments that include the word "Lewensgevaarlik" will be reported to the mods and requested to be deleted faster than a 'slip' in the Buttism thread!  :D)

Cheers, Tony