WHY ARE KTM SPARES SO RARE AND EXPENSIVE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTM BIGGER

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi All,

Recently i called KTM Western Cape up for a quote on a new tank. They gave me price of R4000.00 and a lead time of 4 weeks.

I then phoned the UK up and said that they can supply me the same tank at R2500 and i will have it within 5 days. If a had to pay the worst possible postage by DHL it would cost R1000, the part will still work out cheaper. Maybe its not the price always but i am sure that us guys want the gear now as you know some events come up unplanned and additional equipment is required.

Why is the lead time so long gents, this is a typical bad service, Due to the high dollar and euro all the prices have gone up 15%. :x

All i can say is that buying the gear from the Uk is saving money and waiting less time to enjoy the equipment.

Us SA are really getting fooled if you have never been exposed to the rest of the world. :D

What can be done about getting parts quicker if they are not in stock. Is it because we are not MX riders, i really think that KTM should start supporting the adventure riders.