Win Some, Loose Some

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Been trying for quite some time to lay my hands on a Savannah 1 Jacket. Strong and rugged looking jacket that excellent value. Advertised and eventually found my size from a fellow club member.

Paid a very favourable price for this as good as new jacket so I was a happy chappy.  :thumleft:

KleinKariba20_.jpg

After our weekend ride to the Waterberge, my helmet was as dirty as my mind, so I had to wash it. Took out all the spunges, and kark, gave it a decent scrub and placed in the sun. Come Sunday nightfall this lot was not dry, so I moved it indoors and packed it all out nicely on the table in spare bedroom. My G/F decided to move things around and needles to say one of the screws that secure the peak went AWOL. Full Throttle ordered me a new set of nut and bolts which I received today. Three little plastic screws no bigger that those shitty yellow ones that secured a number plate for R99.99. WTF.  :dousing:

How on earth does Shoei justify this price. Granted FT probably has a 300% markup, but that would make the Shoei price around R25. I was expecting to pay ± R5 maybe R10 at a push. Fcuk  >:D I'm pissed

Unfortunately I'm not the type who would put the yellow number plate screw in and forget about it - it's gotta be the original sh!t. Has cost me dearly in the past and will in future as well.

Shoei_.jpg