• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn - 2000 BMW 1150 GS: 87 000km

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worsie

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I have always wanted an 1150 GSA but saw this bike on the forum in Feb this year and couldn’t resist.

After getting it back in Cape Town I took it to Alf, one of the local GS experts (an ex BMW Motorrad technician). He serviced the bike as well as replacing the fuel filter and alternator belt. The front brake hose was weeping so he replaced that for me as well (the others were replaced previously).

I wasn’t happy with the condition of the screen so had a new one made at Acrylform here. I had my doubts about the battery and bought a new one from Donford BMW last month.

I never had any intention on selling this bike so didn’t mind spending on doing what needed to be done. I’m only selling this bike to buy @XTJoe 's GSA.

Extra’s:
- Yellow head light/oil cooler cover
- Spot lights
- Side stand extender
- Bigger foot pegs
- Great sounding Remus exhaust
- Crash bars
- Panniers (no top box)
- Virtually new Heidenau Scout K60 back and front

Honesty section:
- The toolbox cover is missing
- ABS bypassed (I investigated in fixing this, but it seems it wasn’t the greatest system to start off with so left it as is)
- Heated grips not working (I saw the fix on youtube, soldering the wires, but haven’t gotten around to it yet).
- Indicators sometimes flash fast even though they are working fine. Seems to be a common problem.
- Gear indicator sometimes showing incorrect gear. Also seems to be common and didn’t bother me much.
- Some surface rust on spokes, bolts etc.
- Grips worn
- Small tear on back of pillion seat.
- The front tyre loses some pressure over time. I have read that this is a common problem with K60’s and their very stiff sidewall.

This is a great bike and mechanically perfect. I’ve spent just under R46k on the bike, so I’m already taking a knock selling for R40k. I really think this bike is priced to sell.

Bought bike for R 38 000
Service/repairs: R 4 773
New screen: R1 300
New battery: R 1 600

So for R40k you’re getting a sorted bike with new tyres that you can just get on and ride.

As stated, my ONLY reason for selling this bike to buy XT Joe’s bike so if his bike sells before I am able to sell mine, I might withdraw the sale.

Durbanville
o82 5I4 oo51

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 857
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 853
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 852