• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

X-Challenge for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metaljockey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
My X is for sale. 17000km.

Best offer under R50k takes it.

The good
Recently done are:
Sprockets
Chain
Steering head bearing
Front fork seals

The bad
This is not one of those "pristine condition" bikes, it has been well applied by myself.
It needs to be cleaned up and checked over for the odd loose bolt etc.

The only thing that I know that needs fixing is the front brake disc, it shudders and should be replaced.

As far as the paint job, it is not paint, it is stickers and can be removed. The front fender has been repaired. It works but a fussy guy may want something new.

The extras - Accesories and non-standard stuff:

Touratech tank. A bit scuffed up, see pics. Gives a range of 550km under normal conditions. Easy to remove (4 bolts) to get to air cleaner. All original parts to convert back to standard included.

Home made rack, servicable, if you don't like it, chuck it.

Rox Handle bar raisers, modified with custom control bar for more strength.

Screen, keeps the wind of your chest but looks terrible and is due for a replacement.

Seat, lowered, widened and re-foamed for comfort. I have done many 9hr+ stints on it. Original cover available.

Two 12v power points.

Passenger pegs OEM.

Oil reservoir modified so oil can be checked visually without having to take out the dipstick.

Hyde bashplate + original bashplate.

Ram ball mount.

Cycra hand guards.

Leo Vince silencer.

Exhaust heat shield.

External positive lead for easy jump starting of KTMs.

All wheel bushes front and rear upgraded to brass.

Tubliss conversion front and rear. I may want to keep these.

Pics

P1020323-L.jpg

P1020325-L.jpg

P1020324-L.jpg

P1020322-L.jpg

P1020330-L.jpg

P1020328-L.jpg

P1020326-L.jpg

P1020327-L.jpg

P1020328-L.jpg

The joy of this bike is that it excells in technical terrain, yet it can do a whole day at 130-140km/h without blinking.

I put 15 000 of the 17 000km on this bike and not once ever did it not start when I hit the button. That counts points in the peace of mind stakes.

I'll consider parting out the extras if I don't get a quick sale.