XR125 Indicator Delay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbobok

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I bought an XR125 earlier this year, and have been very happy with it - except for one problem: the indicators have a delay from when you push the switch to when they actually come one. And it's a variable delay - sometimes up to 5-6 seconds, and very awkward in traffic. When I collected it from Honda when I bought it, the salesman said 'There's a delay, but they all do that', and my shit filters went off immediately. I took delivery of the bike regardless, thinking I'd see how bad it was, and bring it back if need be. 3 days later, I was back at Honda to ask them to fix it, and they told me they will do it at the 1000km service under warranty. All well and good, so I rode the gentle running in kms, and took the bike in today for the service and indicator fix. Now they tell me they have no flasher units, and it will take 1-2 MONTHS to get stock. Where are the parts coming from that takes so long?! On top of this, the guy behind me when booking the bike in for a service had EXACTLY the same problem - so this isn't new to Honda.

So now I have to follow up on this (because Honda's client service has been shocking to say the least for the little bit I have had to deal with them. I don't think they phoned me back once, or met a single deadline they promised), and get the bike back to them whenever the flasher decides to arrive.

Curious if anyone has had something similar, and how they dealt with it? I am not impressed - it's not an rare bike, and it's not an rare part....