XR650L troubles - need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Rode last Sunday and it ran 100%. Rode it around the farm on Tuesday, ran perfectly.
This morning however, all that changed. It struggled to start and when it did, it didn't want to idle properly. When riding it, it became apparent that something 's wrong. Especially at lower revs, it stutters and misfires severely and when closing the throttle, it backfires almost continuously.
Strange enough, at higher revs, it feels normal. I lost it at some stage and decided to "ry nou die k@k uit hom uit." It felt as powerfull as always and I was doing 140 kmh in no time.

When I got home, I fiddled with the fuel cock and somehow, the bike seems better when I put the tap between fully open and closed. When I turn it fully open, the problem worsened. Could this mean that it runs too rich and gets better when I close the fuel cock halfway and thereby reduce the fuel flow?

I haven't checked the air filter or fuel flow from the tank, just waiting for the bike to cool down. I would appreciate any advice, please!