XR650R - Head light options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakenjan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
I came down quite badly on a little sandy track between Paternoster and Stompneusbaai on Christmas Day.  Not a nice Christmas prezzie….  ATGATT mostly saved my ass but my pristine XR650R was not so lucky...  :crybaby2:  (Sorry Blazes....  ;D ). But then again, now she is "mine" and I can ride her without worrying about her condition the whole time!  :ricky:

Apart from various scratches all over the bike, the biggest damage was a broken head light, broken rear view mirror stem holder (if that is the right word - I'm referring to the part where the mirror screws into the holder that is attached to the handle bars) and a broken hand guard.

I thought I would ask my fellow BRP lovers for some input on the aftermarket head light options: I have seen the Ascerbis kit on the XR's Only site (which looks nice) but figured there must be other options out there as well that would improve on the standard kit that comes with the bike.

I'll appreciate any suggestions!  :thumleft: