Zimbabwe Ruff Riders Trip with Khwela Adventures 29th Oct to 02 Nov 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
522810_393608894011300_1976109726_n.jpg

I am sure most of you have heard of the Zim Gravel Travel Trip that we do annually to Zimbabwe, well this year I have added a new trip to our Khwela Adventures calender, Zim Ruff Rider Trip.

Firstly this is a trip for true adventurers, in this modern age we are all addicted to our comforts and luxuries, we all enjoy these creature comforts and very seldom venture out of our comfort zones. This trip is for those people who want to feel the true freedom and adventure completely away from "civilization" , for those riders that want to live a bit, rough it up for a few days in the remotest bushveld that Zim has to offer. There will be no back-up vehicle, only the assistance from a couple of very experienced bikers who can sort out most road side repairs and administer basic medical first aid.
There will be no hotels, B & B's or lodges, there will be no comfortable beds or air-conditioning, there will be no hot showers or bathes, there will be no restaurants or take-aways, there will be no cellphone reception (most of the time), fuel will be scares and only available at small settlements sold in 2 liter coke bottles.
However, there will be the most awesome scenery, great big starry nights, stunning remote roads, tracks, cattle paths, sandy riverbeds for you to ride. There will be great company, campfires, bathing in the river and swimming in the dams, beautiful sunsets and even better sunrises.
If you are a capable rider equipped with a reliable and capable steed, if you can ride sand tracks, the occasional dry or wet riverbed and you can maintain a reasonable riding pace, if you love the bush and the solitude, if you can go without mommy and your creature comforts, then and only then can you join us on this epic trip.
We cross the border at Beit Bridge and immediately hit the dirt, we ride till we pitch camp wherever we are late afternoon, we carry some extra fuel and some food, food can be bought at settlements and the at occasional store along the way. You will be required to pack as light as possible at the same time.
It will be a cheap ride, R2000 registration fee to Khwela Adventures, then you pay your own fuel, food and drinks. The camping is free! 5 days of epic riding!
So far there are 4 confirmed riders including myself, we are all on KTM 990 Adventures. We have place for another 2 riders.
Do you fit the profile? PM me, email me [email protected] or call me on 0834544757 for more details.

DSC00337_zps7b3dd1ac.jpg

DSC00332_zpsc9d136b7.jpg

IMG_1818-Copy_zps9f796e02.jpg