Zumo 660 paired with Galaxy S II/Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Udjeni

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Has anyone been using a Galaxy (S II) paired with a Zumo (660)?  I have this setup and the pairing works more or less, but there are 2 things that are not working/bugs me:
  • The pairing is not fully automatic.  It seems I always have to "touch" the Galaxy before the Zumo would connect to it.  I can't find a setting on the Galaxy to tell it that the pairing is fully authenticated and it should connect automatically. With my previous phone I just needed to be in the vicinity of the bike (with bluetooth turned on) and the two would pair happily (mmm, that came out differently than I first thought of.  :biggrin:)
  • The Zumo does not download the contact list from the Galaxy.  Shortly after the connection is established, e message is flashed on the Galaxy (it the top little icon bar) saying "Phonebook request received", or something like it, but no phone book entries appear on the Zumo.
So far my Google foo has noot been strong enough to find any answers to the above problems, although I have seen one or two places where someone else is reporting the contact list problem, but no solutions (or reports that there isno solution), and nothiong about the pairing.

Anyone here have any opinions or even better, solutions (apart from "get another phone or GPS" ;))?

(Oh, and I am running the latest software in the Zumo - not 100% sure of the Galaxy - only got it in November last year.)