Quick saturday technical ride,mud,water,broken rim,photos......................

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillystunt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
so it ended up being only myself,silverwolf and organiser luislang that headed out into the muddy wet area that is south of alberton after a week of rain.
a nice mix,a big ktm,a rough looking xr 650 that had no plate no indicators and had ridden all the way from pta to join us and of course my spotless,never ridden hard,pampered,overweight and underpowered dakar.
we all wanted to catch up on a little technical riding, so knowing a few spots i set us a nice little course.
rule no 1.
should have knobblies fitted when riding muddy terrain.
i managed to clear the first muddy river crossing but dropped the bike on the far side.
luislang almost got through, then in a moment of forgetfulness tapped off and got stuck,resulting in him trying to hold his big ktm up with his legs well parted,we wont know until monday if he tore his SCROTUM!
see attached pic.
silverwolf on his honda fitted with knobblies didnt bother to stand up,he opened up and tore a path of mud and shite all the way up the far bank,it must have been luck?
we managed to progress through another swamp that had me running alongside my bike at about 30km an hour,i turned to warn the other two guys to be carefull but the had ventured ten metres down the path and cut out the swamp totally!
we took a trip through a small bluegum forest and topped a nice rocky hill where i dropped my dakkie at a standstill.damn first scratches in 5000km.
about two hours of good fun had gone by when stopping for a water break i noticed that the honda`s front wheel was smiling at me!
closer inspection revealed that the silver wolf had neglected to lift his honda wheel over a nasty rock,the rim was FARKED,
we decide to end the ride there,silverwolf still had to get back 95km to pta.........pity it was going so well.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    86.3 KB
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    86.8 KB
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    87.7 KB
more pix

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    190 KB
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    66 KB
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    66.7 KB
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    69 KB
just three more pix

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    154.8 KB
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    182.4 KB
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    97.4 KB
sillystunt said:
so it ended up being only myself,silverwolf and organiser luislang that headed out into the muddy wet area that is south of alberton after a week of rain.
a nice mix,a big ktm,a rough looking xr 650 that had no plate no indicators and had ridden all the way from pta to join us and of course my spotless,never ridden hard,pampered,overweight and underpowered dakar.
we all wanted to catch up on a little technical riding, so knowing a few spots i set us a nice little course.
rule no 1.
should have knobblies fitted when riding muddy terrain.
i managed to clear the first muddy river crossing but dropped the bike on the far side.
luislang almost got through, then in a moment of forgetfulness tapped off and got stuck,resulting in him trying to hold his big ktm up with his legs well parted,we wont know until monday if he tore his SCROTUM!
see attached pic.
silverwolf on his honda fitted with knobblies didnt bother to stand up,he opened up and tore a path of mud and shite all the way up the far bank,it must have been luck?we managed to progress through another swamp that had me running alongside my bike at about 30km an hour,i turned to warn the other two guys to be carefull but the had ventured ten metres down the path and cut out the swamp totally!
we took a trip through a small bluegum forest and topped a nice rocky hill where i dropped my dakkie at a standstill.damn first scratches in 5000km.
about two hours of good fun had gone by when stopping for a water break i noticed that the honda`s front wheel was smiling at me!
closer inspection revealed that the silver wolf had neglected to lift his honda wheel over a nasty rock,the rim was FARKED,
we decide to end the ride there,silverwolf still had to get back 95km to pta.........pity it was going so well.

Luck my arse, it is because it is 'n Honda and not a BMW or KTM.... :imaposer:

Thanks guys for a great ride. I enjoyed it alot.
When I busted my rim, luislang and sillystunt wanted to get a bakkie, trailer etc to take me home and was on the phone for help before I could realise what has happened. This is one of the reasons I love wilddogs, everyone is always willing to help no matter what. Thanks for all your offered help, but I got home safe without any problems. Will go and see Runner on monday to sort the problem out.

A Lekka ride that xr seems to only short a number plate ?  :thumleft:

WICKED PIC! ;D i shall make it my new wallpaper...
[quote author=sillystunt]
index.php

REDRIDER said:
A Lekka ride that xr seems to only short a number plate ?  :thumleft:

and a rear left hand side flicker..

tankgirl said:
WICKED PIC! ;D i shall make it my new wallpaper...
[quote author=sillystunt]
index.php

ha ha, it's going to be weird to be on someone's wallpaper...

after saturday, I have a lot of respect for a dakar. sillystunt rides it like a yamaha wr450 should be ridden..

Luck my arse, it is because it is 'n Honda and not a BMW or KTM.... :imaposer:

Thanks guys for a great ride. I enjoyed it alot.
When I busted my rim, luislang and sillystunt wanted to get a bakkie, trailer etc to take me home and was on the phone for help before I could realise what has happened. This is one of the reasons I love wilddogs, everyone is always willing to help no matter what. Thanks for all your offered help, but I got home safe without any problems. Will go and see Runner on monday to sort the problem out.

[/quote]

You so right about the Wilddogs and their willingness to help - same thing when mine broke down last year the other dogs on the ride towed me and also fetched a trailer etc... without their help I would have been in the kark, and I can't thank them enough.

Silverwolf said:
after saturday, I have a lot of respect for a dakar. sillystunt rides it like a yamaha wr450 should be ridden..

And have you seen Blazes on his Dakkie!!

And SillyStunt forgot to mention that we found the first ever Carnivorous ladybugs ,t`is true ,they almost bit off he`s jugular !!!!  :eek:

Latest posts