Goudinie Enduro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Only 4 of us were brave(stupid) enough to ride our bikes from the cape to the farm in the worst conditions imaginable.
XT660R
EtienneNXR
Woestersous
Stroke-her

You know whats bad,riding your bike in storm rain, you know whats worst?
Riding your bike in storm rain with gale force winds, you know whats worst?
Riding your bike in storm rain with gale force winds in the pitch black without a functioning headlight!

Then on the way back having the bike break down with a broken throttle cable!
HUGE thanks to XT660R for pillioning me after my bike broke down!

But enough of that...
Thanks to Uiltjie for organizing the event, was great to be there, I took allot of photo's with Kamanya's camera, so he will post them later on  :thumleft:
There were lots of enduro bikes despite the weather, with some very talented riders, Kamanya was there, he's 1st "race" and 1st time riding a 450, he did great, I heard after the 1st lap he was 4th?  :mwink: :thumleft:

Oh and I got to ride a Beta 525 Its safe to say my arms were almost torn of my body by the rate that thing accelerates :eek:  Thanks Bradley's

After talking to Andy after he got back last night, I'm really glad that I chickened out of this one. The SE has NO screen and gail force winds with heavy rain is not fun. Glad you guys made it back safely and look forward to the pics

Woah!  Just to get from my house to the garage yesterday morning was bad enough.  But to go out riding!  Respect!

I found a song for all of us that rode in the rain yesterday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_5JeFEipc

ja come now, pics please

oh and by the way the weather here was  :thumleft:
sunny and warm with a nice fresh breeze  >:D

Dankie Uiltjie en span, great ride gewees :ricky:

I left Worcester at 06:30 with the XR's candle light showing me the way, freekin hurricane Hilda type wind made me feel like washing on a clothes line!!!  No rain until 10km before Villiersdorp, then the Man upstrairs opened the floodgates.  Got to T-junction where road from Franschhoek joins the Villiersdorp/Grabouw rd, Stroke Her's Piesang was parked next to the road, but SH was gone, 10 sec later, this 6'4" grim reaper mofo comes out of the ditch next to the road, SH went for a smoke wile he waited. 
Rode to Caledon, fill piesang, have coffee (met Paramed in Quickshop, he actually pulled in to see who the two dumbasses were who came by bike) and moved to Uiltjies farm.  Met up with EtienneNXR, XT660R, Kamanja, Paramed, Bradleys, Ektoknbike( i think) and Operater.  What an experience, I've never been on a enduro course! SH and I ambled through the course, ok, SH ambled and I was sweating bullets, the BRP man-handled me a bit!!  The words from some song "slip-sliding away, slip-sl.........." mulled over and over in my head while I tried to keep upright in the mud, dropped it 3/4 times but very entertaining.  Kamanja unfortunately missed the one off :biggrin: while I tried to get my piggy up the hill, got some strange looks from riders when I idled along with my nr plate on and little luggage bag.
SH and I went through to Gansbaai where we spent the night, some rum was consumed >:D which made some people very tired.  We rode back to Villersdorp today on as much gravel as possible, would have been more if could remember the farking directions.  Did not take my camera on the course but did take the odd pic.

Attachments

• Caledon S-H1.JPG
    Caledon S-H1.JPG
    57.9 KB
  • BRP-mud1.JPG
    BRP-mud1.JPG
    111.8 KB
  • Washbay1.JPG
    Washbay1.JPG
    95.5 KB
  • view1.JPG
    view1.JPG
    32.7 KB
  • ZZZZZZZZ1.JPG
    ZZZZZZZZ1.JPG
    45.9 KB
Stroke Her was very tired ( dude I had to share ) but looked much better after some ZZZZZZ's

Attachments

• Ready to roll1.JPG
    Ready to roll1.JPG
    65.7 KB
  • Rollin1.JPG
    Rollin1.JPG
    44.4 KB
  • Draaiberg1.JPG
    Draaiberg1.JPG
    62.8 KB
Needles to say, Im sick as a dog from all the rain/cold...But it was all worth the experience!

Well done Etienne NXR, passed you and Andy when we were shooting to pick up some rice inCaledon, shit it was comming down,glad you guys made it home ok.

Respect for going out in that weather guys
I just gave it one look out my bedroom window and said: "F THAT!"

Jy moes nou vir almal wys hoe ek lyk na te veel wyn!!!

Mense, die naweek was nat. Ek word nie eens so nat as ek stort nie!!!

Thanx aan Uiltjie vir n lekker ride Saterdag! :thumleft:
Ek gaan nou gaan hiberneer, sal weer in die somer aan bikes dink...

EtienneNXR said:
Needles to say, Im sick as a dog from all the rain/cold...But it was all worth the experience!

This was not long after I saw you guys, "Are you cold, do you need a jersey, I have a few spare in the car?"

"Nnnno, I'm ffffine"

"Sure?"

"Yeah, I'm dddry under here."

If you're gonna be proud, you gotta be tough!

538663949_ASdi3-L.jpg

<subscribe>

Respect for the guys that went. My mom said I'm not allowed to go out in that weather... :biggrin:

Latest posts