MRA Vario Screen for F800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tr0jan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So the time old question which screen is the best plagued me for the last month!

Searching, scratching, chatting, reading reviews, asking professionals I finally came to three screens, the Puig Touring for the F800GS, the Touratech Screen and then the MRA Vario.

The Puig was for sale sale for R1700.
The Touratech was for sale for R3200.
The MRA was for sale for R2400.

Finally I settled for the MRA as it was wider and after chatting to Pauli I learnt that taller is not always better. With this new found info the puig was off the list and I was left with the MRA and TT.

The MRA finally got my swing due to the extra lip that is adjustable, and oh boy, does that help! I ordered it from Flying Brick (a forum vendor) the Thursday afternoon, and Monday lunch time it was delivered. How quick was that!?

120km/h now feels like 80km/h used to on the original screen. In the rain the screen causes a weird downward draft that clears your visor as if you wiped it with a cloth. I found that there is no buffeting or wind on your shoulders at just one click from above on the vario section.

So the main question still boils down to is it worth all the moolah? Definitely yes! Just put back the old screen for one ride, and you will be convinced.

For those searching, I really do recommend this if you are in the 1.8m region.

Attachments

• IMG_4662.JPG
    IMG_4662.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 476