1150GS ABS.. need help - SOLVED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramius

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Hi all!!

My ABS on 1150GS is faulty. Here is the symptoms:
I swith on the ignition: Both ABS lights flash together. (everything OK up to here :D )
Press the starter button down, the engine cranks with ease, but ABS lights start to do the disco moves once the engine is running.

Things I have tried: Swopped batteries with another 1150 whose ABS functions correctly - thus elliminating battery problems / voltage drops. (The other 1150 also works fine with my battery in it.
I've also done the ABS reset procedure.
I've checked that the brake lever doesn't push against the hand-protectors. (I can hear the click sound of the brake switch when pulling my front break lever slightly.
I've checked the clearance on the sensor (front only). The rear is difficult to check (any help here maybe?)

One thing I've noticed is that the ABS sensor in the front has scrape marks on it. can this influence anything?
I cant see how this problem can be associated with a faulty sensor, seeing that the error only occurs after the engine is cranked..

ANY SUGGESTIONS, HELP, ADVICE, or links to other threats not explaining the stuff that I have already tried??

Thank you!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: