KTM 990 Acceleration Modulator - Test Results are in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boer!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
In Conjuction with Schlowy Customs,  we have fitted the worlds first Acceleration Modulator to a KTM 990 Adventure (Bessie).

I asked my friend Cocky to be the test Pilot on his faithful Bessie to test the World's First AM, (Wrongly refered to as a Boosterplug) because I know he knows his bike from arse to tit, and some other parts as well.  An improvement in the bikes' performance and handling will be well documented by the man himself.  :hello:

As a lot of the WD forum by now knows, Carrots and Cocky (Rooies en Plooies  :pot:) did a spectacular tour of South Africa and visited a lot of WD's on the way.  They covered est 4330 km over 14 days, in a wide range of temperatures, altitudes and riding terrain.  Over the entire trip, instead of relaxing and enjoying his trip, Cocky has been making notes about the performance of the newly installed Acceleration Modulator.  :notworthy:

And in a Nutshell:  IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!!  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Here is a summary of the report as submitted to me by Cocky:

Bike details and facts:
KTM 990 Adventure
Mileage:  40 000km (Before installation)  46 000km (Current)
Modifications:  Aftermarket pipes and 16tooth Front Sprocket
Load:  Fully loaded to travel for 14 days, including square Aluminium Topbox filled with tools.
Rider:  Cocky

Riding conditions included:
Extreme heat, Rain and extreme cold.
High and low altitude.  Inland and Coastal riding.

Riding Terrain included:
Tar
Fast Gravel Highways
Gravel Road
Mud
Very Technical

Total Distance covered on trip:
4332km

Total Fuel
269.96L

Average Consumption during Trip:
16.05km/L

Tanksize: 
22L

New Range:
353.1km

Fuel Used
93 Unleaded at Highveld
95 Unleaded at Coast

General Comments by Cocky.
Fuel Consumption:
I did not ride specifically to save fuel, yet my fuel consumption improved considerably.  I was really amazed by the range I now got on the same bike.  The riding conditions varied across terrain and weather conditions, and yet the fuel consumption remained a constant improvement throughout the trip.
On general handling: 
My bike allready has aftermarket pipes and a 16t front sprocket.  Therefore the acceleration improvement was little if any, because the bike allready accelerated aggresively before.  The difference I did note was the bike wheelies easier.  The throttle response was a lot sharper and switch over between gears was smoother.  Especially when tapping down on fuel, a big difference was noted.  The bike doesn't dip so hard when closing throttle, and this especially improved my  riding on the technical terrain.

Now the big question Cocky:  Would you spend our money on this device?v ???

Most definetly.  :thumleft: