1200GS - Have I abused the CAN BUS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
Okay, let me own up. I haven't had the chance to ride the Geelslang for about five weeks now.  :-[

Work, work trips, work and kak Cape weather have prevented me. In fact, I'm almost embarrassed to still belong to this forum. Mea culpa.

Anyway, with that out of the way, let me spill the beans.

The boney's battery obviously started running down so on Saturday I promptly connected the charger to the battery and chilled out. An hour or three later and she was 100% charged.

But then I had a look at the owners manual under "Battery charging". They clearly say that when you charge the battery while it is in the bike you must loosen the terminals. This I did not do.  :eek: Oh, dear, silly mistake.

Everything is working fine, bike is running lekker - had to blip the throttle a couple of times to hear if my Two Brothers pipe is still open, you know.

Now, the ABS light keeps on flickering. Have I hurt the CAN BUS' feelings? And will  he forgive me? Or will he start to double cross and subverty my authority, like HAL the computer in 2001: A space odyssey did?

Huh? :'(