1150 GSA sometimes runs rough - With Happy ending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushman_2

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Hi,
Hope someone can point me in a direction as to what to look for.
My  2003 1150 GSA twin spark usually runs bad until it is at temperature, that I can live with.

The real issue is the when it is at temp the bike would at constant speed hunt not pulling smoothly then pulls the lets go of power then again pull, also when releasing the throttle it would sometimes backfire and then it simply won't idle, other times it idles just fine. I find that riding in slow traffic causes the most erratic behavior with the bike, not idling and stalling.

The coil sticks where the first to be tested and both works just fine, do they tend to work and not work or are they temperamental and inconsistent?
The TB where checked, they are a little out at 4000RPM say 3cm difference between the two levels of the home made meter. ( Aquarium pipe with shock oil)

I bought the bike 2 weeks ago from Lem on the forum and the bike runs pretty well on long distance trips but town riding not so much Sad
Any ideas what to check?