1190 ADV R set up for taller riders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fudgypup

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Curious what others have done to set up bike for their height?

From post on extra's thread:

Waiting on my new 1190 ADV R to be delivered some time in Dec/Jan (US).  I'm tall and looking to plan on exactly what I can do to modify the stand up height with lowered pegs, risers, high bend bars, etc...  I saw the new 1190 ADV (not R) the other day and measured the vertical height (off the ground) of the pegs and subtracted that from the vertical height of the grips and found I have 6" (15 cm) to make up compared to my current GSA.  The 1190 ADV R might very well have more vertical distance, I'm not sure.  On the GSA I simply did the Pivot Pegz (MK3 in lowered position) and some Rox risers and that's put me in a comfortable riding position.

I'm curious what others have done to their 1190 ADV R to address that issue?  Any issue with cable length?  I'd also love to know what that actual vertical height is on an 1190 ADV R (diff between grips and pegs in vertical height off the ground).  I'm hoping just pegs and risers will do it, but 6" (15cm)  is a long way.  I'm 6'4" (193 cm) and weigh 235 lbs (107kg).