1190 SIDE STAND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am 1.75 tall in my socks and maybe 176 in my boots , but with a ergo seat I am always on tip toe one leg . Cant but both feet down a same time , and folding the side stand back is always a try and try again issue . Have to hook my toe in front of the stand to fold it up , but to do this I need to lean the bike over to the right a bit , keep it up on my right leg and do the toe dance with left . Yesterday my balancing act ran out of talent and I dropped my bike , was pissed with myself as well as being embarrassed for doing such a dof thing and not being able to hold the bike up, falling on my ass in the process and ending up with a lummy on my leg .
Looked at my buddies BM and the side stand has a peg on it , decided that I am going to weld on a peg onto my side stand , but it could be Ally so plan scrapped , and then a flash of light , why not use a hose clamp , paint it black , the screw part would stick out far enough for my boot to hook it and fold it back .
I also have a SW MOTEC big foot on the stand , it does tend to make the stand a bit longer , my bike seems to be more upright and does not lean over much , Its always been a balancing act not to drop it when putting it on the side stand , must always lean the bike slightly right for it to clear .

Last edited: