• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2000 Africa Twin for sale for repair or parts - SOLD, parts still available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Udjeni

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
After a period of mourning (see https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=139300) I have decide to move on and am selling my AT.  It is a 2000 red, white and blue model and had done just under 100 000 km before a piston disintegrated after a dropped exhaust valve.

SuperFoxi put in progressive springs last year, rebuilt the rear shock and replaced the regulator. It has Givi crash bars and Touratech pannier brackets (no panniers - I used soft luggage) and a Bagster tank bra.  The engine has been removed and opened up (as can be seen in the above thread). Main things needed to fix the engine:

• front cylinder head with valves
  • 2 pistons
  • 2 barrels
  • 1 conrod
Crank shaft, engine casings and gearbox are undamaged.

Asking price: R15 000

I also have an extra fuel tank, front wheel, header pipes, heavy duty crash bars (that were damaged in a fall and repaired) plus a milk crate full of other odds and ends coming off another AT.

Email me at my forum name at gmail.com.  I'm in Bellville if anyone wants to come and have a look.

The bike in happier times:
P1010440-M.jpg