• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2002 Honda XR 650 R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I am selling my XR, I really dont want to but to be honest my health does not allow me to ride the thing like it should be ridden.

I have a bunch of extras on her, including acerbis tank, scott steering damper, FCR carb, decent footpegs and a high output stator.

The motor was rebuilt less than 5k km ago by offroad cycles, so it should be good for about 50k km if taken care of. I bought the bike in 2013 and the PO told me it had 20k km on it.

Its in good condition and runs well, it digs trenches whenever you go near the throttle and wheelies easily in the first and second on power alone, without a full 24 liter tank that is. I weigh around 115 and I have never bottomed out the suspension no matter what I tried, its also very stable at speed.

I dont have a speedometer or mileometer on the thing as the electric stuff I had would break from the vibrations quickly. It has lights all round and they all work, it has papers and the licence fee is paid up to date but I never took it for a roadworthy and I do not have a number plate for it. Getting it on the road should be a simple case of getting it roadworthied and fitting a numberplate. Also no key for the bike and kick start only. They did not come with keys.

The bike can be a bit finicky to start at times but I think a bit of carb tuning should sort that out.

I am looking for 45k but I am open to offers.

I cant upload pics tonight as the network is bad for some reason, I will try in the morning.