• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 2006 GSA - 121500km - Kraaifontein Western Cape - R42 000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisbein

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi all

My needs have changed and I have an incredible opportunity for a chance to migrate to another bike, so with mixed feelings my GSA is in the market

I got it in 2016 with just over 50 000km on it and it is now at 121500km
It has been serviced by BMW up to then and since all the maintenance have been done by Alfred Warwick

In my time, apart from the services I also replaced the rear wheel bearing and had the rear shock serviced and a stronger spring put in by Martin Paetzold.
I also replaced the starter with an Alf reconditioned one a couple of years ago (the old one started doing the thing where the bendix didn't want to connect when warm)

It got a major service at 120 000km and all the stuff that needed to be done was done (I also asked Alf to check the shaft)
I put in a new battery about a month ago and the bike is licensed 'till March 2025

It comes with ATG soft luggage (and the plate that protect it from the zorst), Alu topbox, two finger levers, a power plug and a Kaoko throttle lock
The GPS mount is staying with me

The bike still feel as strong as the day I got it and the tires should get it through roadworthy

Honesty section:
There are cosmetically better examples out there
There are scratches on the screen and the left tank cover isn't perfect. Got both like that when I bought it. Previous guy said he dented that with his knee brace and then tried to hammer it better on an anvil, but aluminum doesn't like being hammered.
There is a small tear in the seat where I had a misunderstanding with the seat height and my Hi-Tec boots lace clips
The right hand side grip doesn't heat up (also been like that since the beginning, but it never bothered me as I didn't use it)
The original spots broke, so I replaced it with 4x4 direct 10W LEDs. The finish on them didn't seem to hold up that much. Still works perfect though
There is also paint that has chipped off the support bar that goes around the clocks

Mechanically the bike is very good though. Nothing wrong that I know of or feel when I ride it
The price reflects the cosmetic issues and the kilos.

The deal I am getting is incredible, so even though I think what I am asking is reasonable, I am a bit negotiable

I am in Kraaifontein in the Western Cape and would prefer someone who is interested to come and check it out with their own eyes (or send someone they trust to check it out), rather than doing a distance deal, just to make it easier for the buyer to know and feel exactly what they are buying. There isn't anything that I am hiding, but the camera doesn't show (good or bad) like your own eyes do
:)

R42 000 neg
Contact on the forum or whatsapp preferred as I am in a lot of meetings during the day
083 647 6347

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image011.jpg
image014.jpg
image015.jpg
image020.jpg

Last edited: