2012 GS 1200.......Thoughts/Owners Experiences Etc Etc Please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
I've ridden a 1200 GS today.

Pleasantly surprised at how light and nimble the bike feels, and especially the set height......its really just PERFECT for me, and the bike just feels so easy and user friendly for me. Heaps of torque, handles nicely, feels very sturdy, and a VERY comfy seat.

1) Any known issues to look out for?? Bike has FSH, and stands on 66000km, owned by a VERY VERY pedantic and honest Friend and Client of mine.

2) I've noticed that the screen is a wee bit low, it doesnt really seem THAT effective......what to do about that?? Does that clip on screen totterman thingies work?

3) Also the dash seems very "rattly", and not solid......known problem, and is there a solution for it, maybe something like rubber brackets etc etc??

4) ANY other Advise would really be greatly appreciated.

........As above, I really LOVE the ease of use of this bike, it really just feels SO light and nimble.

Its a 2012 Aircooled, with many nice extras, panniers, Garmin, shorty levers, wider pegs, tank bag, etc etc etc.......and its in that gorgeous BLUE, just LOVE that colour.

Thanks appreciated