• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2015 KTM 250R Freeride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
This little amazingly capable bike has to unfortunately go, just too many bikes in the garage. It's the 2015 model, the last iteration of this model which came with the more powerful starter motor, different bendix and different crown wheel. I bought it originally because it was just a little lower to swing my 60 plus year old leg over. Since i got it I've done a whole bunch of mods:
Did all the little things which can turn out to bigger problems if not attended to - heavy duty shrink wrap over the main wiring harness, welded up the mounting lugs on the radiator before they cracked, wired up a charging port for the battery or for jump starting (I took an RC Lipo battery with me for a first start on winter midlands mornings), minimised switches to start, kill and lights, lotsa other little odds and ends.
Hyde bash plate (protects the starter better) and Hyde front disc guard (which I modified by turning up a boss on the lathe so that it mounts to the axle rather than just the fork protector bolts only).
Softer clutch springs
Cycra hand guards
Heavier shock spring (I weigh 92 without kit)
Revalved the forks (surprisingly stock springs are good for my weight). The reworked suspension front and back completely transformed the handling)
Complete Brembo rear brake conversion (and shark fin) and new disc
Tubliss front and rear
SX85 front number board (just so I don't trash headlights unnecessarily)
Has 148 hours on the clock (I think, forgot to take a pic, will confirm and correct if wrong later today). Did piston and rings at approx 100 hours, but in all honesty it was unnecessary, these motors are so under stressed that they go forever, and there's no power valve to clean.
These are very under rated bikes. You can ride them all day without getting tired, and you start picking lines you never would've done on another bike. There's nothing quite like the feeling of plonking up a rocky hill while everyone around you is spinning and zig zagging. So easy to ride standing up.
All the original parts I took off the bike are included in the sale, as well as a new Moto Master oversized floating front disc, with Stainless pistons and adaptor kit. I was going to put them on but in all honesty the front brakes have been just fine.
R42 500.00 onco. PM me or Oh - ate -3 6 - 5 - 6 ate - nein - 5 - Oh
Honesty section. I bought this from a guy in Lydenburg. He had flipped the bike doing wheelies on the tar. Broke the back mudguard and number plate holder, and cracked the silencer mountings and graunched the silencer. I had the mounts re welded, and rather than getting KTM plastics (there are no aftermarket) I just adapted a Startline rear fender to fit, Actually it does a far better job of keeping mud off your camelbak than any stock KTM fender that I know.

xiyOcuG.jpg

pUBZ8Uc.jpg

fsQZQE3.jpg

W4tHqbz.jpg

DTHOpLA.jpg

uRS9Fsj.jpg

8mTbsRW.jpg

XrVzSJN.jpg

Takeoff original parts

450kxSL.jpg

New front disc, stainless pistons, adaptor kit and some spare brake pads which won't fit any of my other bikes.

TBxmQQS.jpg

The revalving specs (except since then I have pulled 2 x 24's from the base valve to make a tad more plush)

w6LvfnJ.jpg

Good times....

dOh7qXs.jpg