• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2nd hand standard Dakar seat wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all,
Irritating and somewhat embarrassing story, borrowed the dakkie while my KTM was in for a broken starter gear and sprague clutch.
Short version- narrow pavement, steeep hill and a silently lurking smallish round stone just on the edge of the kerbstone. Bike left in first-check; switch off, stand on left leg, swivel to dismount, stone has its moment of fame, left leg disappears into the gutter, right leg caught on seat, and bike wanting to take a short nap...After what felt like an hour, a few popped groin muscles and the air turning a rather a deep shade of blue, I managed to persuade the *$&#* that we don't do siesta's in Africa. I struggled to disengage my right leg, but put it down to aforementioned groin cables being frayed and a general state of muscle fatigue and hobbled off to my meeting, dishevelled, sweaty, but reasonably happy that I had staved off the embarrassment of explaining a dropped bike to its owner and having to fork out for flickers, panels, and who knows what.
On my return I was dazed to see two long rents in the seat (did I mention that the owner likes to keep things neat and pristine) After haplessly looking around for someone to moer... I realized why I struggled to get my right leg off the seat...I was wearing over the ankle hiking boots and those top two thingies that the laces go around had dug into the vinyl and ripped two lovely L-shaped tears in it. (Another good reason for ATTGATT I suppose  :xxbah:)
Geez, you okes are lucky I didn't give you the long version... :biggrin:
Any way, those of you that are still with me now know why I need a 2nd hand Dakar seat...at a reasonable price...I still have to pay for the repairs on the Katey too :'(
An alternative would be if any bright lads out there know an upholsterer that has access to the type of vinyl that is on the Dakar seat I would really appreciate the info.
Thanx

Latest posts