640 Handlebar Vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Because I am very new to riding KTM and my bike will only arrive in the coming week; I’ve read a lot of forums regarding how much the 640 vibrated when riding, especially on tarmac.

It seems to me that it could be two factors contributing to this., and those much more experienced than I, please feel free to correct or advise accordingly; but is it due to having knobblies on whilst on tarmac and the lite-weight flywheel?

We could change the knobblies; but who the flip wants to do that anyway on a 640?! So, the other option is to make a heavier flywheel. There was another post on the group from a WD member that actually achieved this, and it seemed to have dampened a lot of the vibration. So that is a part solution.

What about the vibration in the handlebars? Well, I’ve seen on KTM 640 forums from the US, that some guys are inserting what’s called ANTI-VIBRATION handlebar inserts. Has anyone used such an item/s?

IMG_3060.jpegIMG_3061.jpegIMG_3062.jpegIMG_3063.jpeg