a BMW affair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who thinks Michiel, Sack and Kamanya would be there for shits and giggles purely at others' expense has clearly never ridden with them; I'm sure I owe each one a pickup and push, should they ever need it. I doubt I would have been so noble, in fact, and probably taken the opportunity to criticise tyre choices and bike choices of 1200-riders even more than representatives of other brands. ;D And here I thought I owned that tree at the entrance....

Ontspan bietjie manne, ek sien paar bekende gesigte daar in die BMW croud, JacoM, Charles, Toren, en glo my nie een van die manne sukkel om te ry nie en het hope skills om te deel, dis niks moeiliker om 'n 1200 in die sand te ry as 'n KLR nie, gebruik net die positives van elkeen, my 2c

I wouldn't ride those beasts in that type of tarrain , good for them , they can tick that box now , what would really impress me, is the guys dont loose faith and go and ride and ride the dunes , maybe one day we will look at them and say , that guy has serious talent and respect will go out to him , I say - go for it, dont loose pluk ,keep the spark going.

Tell you what I think....

The best place to train for a little bit of sand (i.e while touring)  is in a LOT of sand.

As Charles said, these are the bike we have.  I commend the effort to learn to ride better.  And not just in sand, but a certain track day comes to mind as well.

Otherwise, somewhere along the line we have another RIP fellow-biker-wat-nooit-geleer-sand-ry-het-nie!

Michiel, ek het per toeval op die storie uitgekom, soek eintlik daai trip wat jy Lesotho toe gedoen het. Ek sien 'n bekende op 1 vd foto's. Sack, is sy naam dalk Stefan? As dit is, ek en hy het CTrax se Advanced gedoen. As julle weer gaan sand ry, ek wil ook. Neem dan net genoeg foto's van my valle. Net sodat die BMW dudes ook kan lekker kry!
Party ouens moet rêrig rokke dra dat hulle rede het om te kan moan!
Ek sou ook soos 2sD my kak gelag het. Nie vir hulle nie maar saam met hulle! Jarsus, die lewe is darem te kort om oor alles te bitch!
Hoop julle het 'n great naweek! Ek gaan jou later henner oor Lesotho trip.
Groete
Die Duiwel :ricky:

Great pics...

I tip my hat to anyone who wants to better his riding ability.
I am doing Witsand end this month and is under no illusion that that might be me under the bike.
Rather look foolish learning than bragging and seeing your ass in real life  :mwink:

:thumleft:

BrendaButtercup - Let me know when you guys go again. Yes, I ride a KTM now, but I've owned and ridden big Beemers in sand.

0:42; 2:02; 2:40  :3some:
[flash=600,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/SElWVrg4-bk?version=3[/flash]

Berm_Rooster and myself were there this weekend. Had loads of fun!

Plus, I live in Melkbos ie soooper close.

PS. Hier's een vir al die BMW manne, moenie te hard wees op ou Berm nie, maar kyk hoe fraai lyk hy in oranje...  :pot:

Attachments

• IMG00341-20110702-1105.jpg
    IMG00341-20110702-1105.jpg
    77.5 KB

Latest posts