A little bit of bike advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi hi!

So my brothers gotten a DRZ 400 E recently and hes wanting me to get back into offroad duel sport, we've been motocross and enduro riders our whole lives
I grew up on KDX's 200s.. I've owned a KTM 250's.. ktm 200s.. onroad.. Aprilia SXV 550.. DRZ400 SM and a few others

My problem is i dont know what is a good duel sport..
I dont want to get a DRZ400.. ive owned one before and while its a GREAT bike.. its heavy and feels OLLLLDDDD, the only ones i can find are over 2 decades old too.. :(

so im open ears to hear what you all ride/Loved riding as im sure that there are PLENTY of you who have much more experience in this department

Right now im trying for a 701/CRF450 (but at this point I feel I'm more likely to get struck by lightning)
Also a bit worried the 701 is gonna be too heavy.. causing me to think, maybe a 500 EXCF

im not sure tho, so im really open ears to hear what you all have to say.. even if its to say that im stupid and should get a DRZ... lol