A little help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So before I start, I firstly want to congratulate everyone part of this forum, it has been recommended by everyone with a dual sport bike I have come across! Well done...

Here is our plan and I hope I can get some constructive input from those of you in the know...

My wife and I are new to Dual Sport riding, well my wife is new to riding full stop, and we have been looking around Cape Town and the Western Cape for bikes for ourselves for a while now, but nothing to our immediate liking in the used bikes available and so we broadened our search and I finally found a KTM990 R in Hatebeestpoort that I liked.
This got us thinking, maybe we should just fly up to Jozi and look there for bikes and ride down, we have a flexible schedule so why not... 
After some "um-ing & ah-ing" we hopped on a plan yesterday and flew to Lanseria from Cape Town, rented a car and drove to Harties to check out the KTM, which I loved and we bought on the spot! Yay!
Now the search starts for a BMW F800GS for my wife, and then I have to teach her how to ride it before we can hit the long road back home!

Now, we have no idea of a route to get home and this is where we would love some input. We want to ride East first to the Kruger Park and cruise around the Blyde River Canyon and from there we have no idea..... ;)

Any ideas of a nice quite scenic route to take toward Hazyview/Nelspruit from Jozi?

We will be posting updates of the trip as we go, with the adventures we have along the way so stay tuned if you're interested and drop us a line if you have ideas, comments or tips for us while we learn.

Thanks in advance...

Rich & Del