A Sunday Picnic Ride - 8 September 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Lets see what the weather does and do a picnic brunch up at the Clarkson Tower this coming weekend, 8 September. Something I've wanted to do for a long time. Also, lots of guys have asked for another ride up there, so lets do it.

We'll do a short round about to get there and you make your own time back. There might just be a bit of a mystery ride as well.  :eek7:

Watch this post as always for updates.  :deal:

The plan : We leave at 0745 from the Engen garage on William Moffat and head for the Wimpy at Humansdorp for coffee. Aim to get there by 0830, where we meet whoever we have not yet met up with. We take the backroads from Humansdorp, in the direction of Oesterbaai to Palmietrivier and from there to the tower for a picnic breakfast/brunch.

Remember to pack your picnic or buy a take away brekkie from the Wimpy

Once we done kuiering at the tower we see where we go from there. I know where I want to go, but I can't tell you yet. What I can tell you is, if you want to go on the mystery ride after the picnic, and have a big bike and a smaller bike, take the smaller bike on this ride, 'cause the big bikes ain't going with us :biggrin: And big is bigger than a 650

What we could look to do is, if there is someone on a bigger bike that knows the route back along the Onder Kouga, the big bikes can go that way home when we split.  :thumleft: