A true Eastern Cape adventure! (Completed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little beemer really impresses me. Like the Vstrom very underated as an ADV bike IMHO  :thumleft:

Battlestar said:
That little beemer really impresses me. Like the Vstrom very underated as an ADV bike IMHO  :thumleft:

Could not agree with you more!  :thumleft:

Will try and post Day 4 tonight.  :ricky:

Day 4.

Day 4 covered a total of 455km. We left early from Elliot and travelled via Otto Du Plessis and Joubertspass to Lady Grey and then on to Bloem via the N6.

Day4.jpg

Again, this was a perfect day for riding. We also had no issues with the bikes so life was filled with biking bliss!

190.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

Playing around in the water...

196.jpg

197.jpg

195.jpg

198.jpg

At the summit.

199.jpg

200.jpg

201.jpg

And then we were off again.

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

My trusty el cheapo Nuvi that led us all the way.

206.jpg

Leaving the pass.

207.jpg

Doing the Kraai Rivier pass.

208.jpg

And turning off for Jouberstpass.

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

Again some cattle, but this time round they were on the other side of the fence.

212.jpg

213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

And again, the summit.

217.jpg

218.jpg

It would seem that they underestimated the power of the wind...

219.jpg

We filled up in Lady Grey and took tar from there on homewards.
We stopped at Aliwal for some steers.

220.jpg

And hit the road again.

221.jpg

And so we arrived home after one fun filled weekend!

222.jpg

Looking back, and past the issues we had, I would def try and make a trip to Tiffendell and Tenahead in the not so distant future, as those trails would be awesome to do in better weather. I was more and more impressed with the little beemer every day, but once I put my leg over the 950, I knew why I chose her!

Nice Guys

Looks like you had a great ride.

That is a stunning area you passed through.

Thanks guys!  :ricky:

The places that can be seen within the confinements of the ZA borders are just mind boggeling!
We all are indeed lucky to have this as our playground.  :thumleft:  8)

Nice one  :thumleft: Thanks for sharing.

Awesome , thanks for sharing , you are tougher than me in that ice , looked waaaaaayyy cold

It looks like you had a lot of fun and enjoyed some great places. Thanks for  the RR.

Funtastic trip in a beautiful part of the country. You guys chose the best routes.

Briliant  :thumleft:

Like I said before that little Beemer is truly impressive. Looks really good when kitted out aswell  :thumleft:

Great RR

Great RR guys, super pics as well.  Can see u had fun playing on yer bikes, EC is a stunning part of our country.

Enjoyed reading this :thumleft:

Thanks for all the compliments!

Already starting to plan the next one...  :mwink:  :ricky:

Belive it or not, that little beemer was my first real bike, and also the bike that got me into DS/Adventure riding. So although it does have its limitations, I will always have a soft spot for it.  :thumleft:

Thanks for the use of the F658

What a great weekend. Well Saturday afternoon I felt slightly different about it, but Sunday it was all good again.

I am really impressed with the beemer. At times I thought how the hell do you want me to get up there, but yet it completed the whole weekend without major issues.

Latest posts