Advice please - Is it worth bringing 650R's into SA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycamore

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
Hi piggers

Advice please...
I've been living outside SA for a few years and I'm coming back.
I have 2 XR650R's to sell, and I'm trying to decide whether to bring them back to SA and sell there, or to sell them here (i'm in Dubai and there's not much demand for XRR's so prices are low here, people prefer the CRF's for desert riding). So I'm hoping prices are better in SA.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a very rough guess what the current pricing is for 650R's in the SA market? I know nothing is certain and it depends on the bike/year, etc, but just a very rough estimate or range would help me to decide. If prices are decent I'll bring them back to sell.

One of the bikes is a 2005 set up for desert riding (with some extras), one is 2004 supermoto (street legal).

The dirt version has a few extras: Pro Circuit T4 Muffler / Excel wheels (Plus original stock wheels) / Scotts steering damper / Oil sight tube in frame / Edelbrock pumper carb / (Plus original stock carb) / Acberbis long range tank (Red) / Clarke long range tank (clear) plus stock tank.

The supermoto is basically stock except for wheels and a full stainless Staintune exhaust system. Both bikes good condition, no issues.

Any estimates of current SA price ranges? Even a wild guess would help. By the way this is not a for sale ad  ;D, still 8 months before I come but I'm trying to plan shipping etc.

thanks

(I know I'm an ass to sell, but those days are over for me, I need something more sedate that can carry passenger etc)

thanks
bikes.jpg