• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Suzuki DR650 (2007)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogBreath

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
As I'm typing this I'm still unsure...

Decided to sell my DR650. It is a 2007 model which I bought almost exactly 4 years ago from the Free State. It had 12 000 km on it when I purchased it. I now has 26500 km on it. Most of the 14500 km is gravel (Tankwa, Cederbeg, Baviaans, Overberg, Montagu area). So the bike is not prestine, but it is in very good condition (I regularly get compliments :)).

Bike was dropped twice in the four years I had it, one was a low speed tip over, the other happened at home (side stand not fully out). I never wheelied the bike (because I don't know how to) or did silly stuff with it. Was used for bike trips, I commuted with it about 5 times just to run it if it stood for while.

Bike was maintained by me (only the minor stuff), oil changed every 2500 km, oil filter changed evey 5000 km. I had the carb cleaned and valves adjusted by Dave Enticott at Motorwise, that's the only work I didn't do myself. I have a full service record that I kept, with invoices, etc.

Bike's paperwork is in order.

Extras (all the below fitted myself):
* New speedo/odo cable and gear fitted about 5000 km ago
* Progressive rate front springs and "heavy duty" rear spring (stiffer spring rate), both supplied/fitted by Super Foxy - I way 86 kg and it's perfect for me and some luggage.
* Acerbis 25L fuel tank with two petcocks (increases the effective fuel range quite a bit because of the shape of the tank)
* Zeta XC hand guards
* Small indicators (Procycle units)
* Custom made SS front indicator relocation brackets
* Custom made SS tail tidy
* Optimate charge cable fitted
* Hyde bash plate (recently fitted, did two trips with it)
* Wider 'enduro' footpegs, lowered with proper brackets (all from Procycle)
* Mega Pipes (by Barker Exhausts) slip on - it's a bit loud but not obnoxious.
* Rockfox soft pannier racks and bags (black ones)
* Rear carrier rack (from Mike Chandler on Gumtree, excellent little rack).
* Polycarbonate screen (also from Mike)
* Protaper 7/8 bars, with risers
* Brand new sprockets and chain (PBR sprockets and EK), standard ratio - done about 10 km
* Foldable mirrors (Procycle)
* Seat Concepts seat (fitted with SS staples, so no rust)
* Acerbis front mudguard
* Engine casing protection plates on both sides (Procycle)
* Magnetic sump plug (Procycle)
* Remote choke (handlebar unit removed) / Procyle
* Anakee Wild front tyre and Mitas E-07+ rear. Both still good for another 2500 km or so. I have an Anakee Wild rear spare that can probably do another 1000 km or so.
* Comes with the original tank, mudguard, mirrors, springs, etc that I took off the bike. I don't have the original handle bar nor the pillion footpegs.
* Hayes Service Manual.

See pics below that I took a few days ago.

Asking R65k, but obviously negotiable (to a point). I'll ignore silly offers.

Reason for selling: Want to upgrade (go back to) to a bigger bike. I've considered to just keep the DR and getting another bike in any case, but having been there before I now realise that I like the simplicity of only having one bike.

Regards,
William Hunter
PM or WhatsApp me.

Jy kan Afrikaans gooi indien jy kontak maak, moenie dat die soutpiel naam en van jou afsit nie.
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-30 at 12.26.43_747763d7.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-12-30 at 12.27.00_0e321b10.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-12-30 at 12.27.48_ecbf5175.jpg