Africa Friendship Safari '09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great RR! :thumleft: I really enjoyed reading this!

Great RR.
Why was that wooden pole tied to one of the bikes?

Dankie Leo,

Nou is my hele oggend by die werk in sy moer in !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Ag nee wat, nou kan ek net sowel my goed oppak en huis toe gaan, daar is mos geen manier dat ek nou verder sal kan werk nie.....

What a trip, awesome stuff !!!!

Excalibur said:
Leo fitted the wooden pole to the front crashbar with cable ties and rode Honey like a Harley. It worked like a bom ;D

Wondered what that was - poser :thumleft: Great RR and great trip :thumleft:

A dream came true. I dreamt of Malawi and that country will see me soon. All I can say is "thank you" for 3 great friends on this trip. We rode, we fell down, we stood up and so it went on. Sometimes tempers flared but in general we laughed more than normal. Above all our "Guardian Angel"was there the hole time and that made us feel good.

Ito the bikes, yes they are built for long trips like these. I had the disadvantage of the smaller fuel tank but stayed to our trip policy of " fill up when you can", even black market fuel ;D I have done 91397 kays on the bike in the last 3 years and would love to double it, that is my pesonal goal.

We really traveled in comfort. The kit that we took with was sufficient and made the trip more memorable. Nothing nicer in the day to reach your planned destination safely, pich the tent, blow up the matress, roll out the sleeping bag, put out the camping chair, gooi a cold one in the mug and share the experiences of the day with good friends. That is adventure, I believe :thumleft:

Thanks my friends. Next year on the calender is Namibie and Angola. Let us start planning

Nice one Leo - thanx for sharing.  Daai H raak ook nie 'n dag jonger nie ne ;) :biggrin:

Great RR , brings back fond memories , we were drinking on the deck of the royal Livingstone when a friend dared me to go on a microlite flight over the falls ! Scariest thing I have ever done , and the border postn at gazankula after the ferry is the worst african border post I have been through , , besides taking hours to get through , they wanted to arrest me for taking a photo !!! Great ride report !

Wow. Sitting here in the office having read through this I am wondering what I am still doing here...

This is living the dream  :thumleft:

My only whish is that I will also get a chance one day to do a similar trip. Well done gents :thumleft: You now have hero status with me  :ricky: