Africa twin VS Transalp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
WD Supporter
Reaction score
I visited my local Honda dealer this morning to enquire about a Honda Africa twin. I wanted to know if they mabe know of someone that wants to sell a second hand one. The dealer responded positively and gave me contact details of a man with an Africa twin that mabe wants to sell. He then pointed me towards a Honda Transalp demo standing at the second hand showroom. I looked at the bike and to my surprise a found out it was a V-twin and all this time i thought it was a single. I got onto the bike and usually due to being kinda vertically challenged my toes will barely touch the ground on a dual. Well on the Transalp me feet properly touched the ground and they said the suspension can still be lowered a bit. While sitting on the Transalp i noticed what a damn nice bike this is. Its got aftermarket pipe and a proper big aftermarket screen. The bars are nice and close and high wich makes me feel like i'm in heaven compared to the bars on the GSXR. Overall it looks like the perfect bike for me. Add a top box, some crash bars and Captain Slow has his dream bike.

Could someone please tell me why the Africa twin is such a scarce bike? I do see a few of them advertised in the bikesa but don't see any of them here in PE.

How does the Africa twin and the Transalp compare?

Does anyone on the forum ride a Transalp if so tell me about it?

If anyone own a Africa twin you can tell me about that too.

Thanks

CS