Anakee III and Bumble Bee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to do a day trip from Plett and took the R340 to R339 which is Prince Albert's Pass - the road to Angie's G-spot.

In the process we did tar, great gravel, loose gravel, rutted gravel, washed out steps, some mud and a bit of sand. The Anakee III's handled it extremely well. Pressures were 2,6 in front and 2,8 at the rear.

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    112.5 KB
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    112.9 KB
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    98.5 KB
  • 072.JPG
    072.JPG
    94.5 KB
jissssssie! Lekker gery! Lekker Fotos....Geniet vir BumbleBee!  :thumleft:

On my previous trip into Africa, I had Heidenhau at the back and TKC in front and eventually did 15000 km on the set. Now I have to decide on whether to repeat that combination for my trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar or to take a chance with the new Anakee IIIs. I want to send a replacement set to Dar Es Salaam, but I am unsure of the choice to make.

Anybody out there have an opinion on the Anakee IIIs? Michelin seem to be quite sure of their tyre, considering the roadside warranty that came with the tyres, but that is in RSA only.

I was impressed with the tyres, but do you stick with what you know or take one for the team and test the unknown Anakee III on a trip into Africa?

Attachments

• 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    137.6 KB
  • 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    130.3 KB
  • 087.JPG
    087.JPG
    101.9 KB
Geluk met jou nuwe bike :thumleft:

Sterkte met jou trip :ricky:

I have A3's on at the moment, they are awesoem on tar, dirt they dont seem too bad but I havent done too much dirt with them yet, for our Lesothos trip mid June, I have decided not to use them and use Sava MC60's instead, they are just more off road orientated, I dont have enough faith in the A3's for rocky, sandy and even Muddy dirt routes

Mikie said:
I have A3's on at the moment, they are awesoem on tar, dirt they dont seem too bad but I havent done too much dirt with them yet, for our Lesothos trip mid June, I have decided not to use them and use Sava MC60's instead, they are just more off road orientated, I dont have enough faith in the A3's for rocky, sandy and even Muddy dirt routes

Thanks Mikie. I will have a look at those as well.

DASKOP said:
Mikie said:

Thanks Mikie. I will have a look at those as well.

Only reason I am using the Savas is due to getting a set for a good price, not sure how good they are, my preferrence of tyre would actually be the Mitas E07

My first choice will be the Heidenau K60's. Stable at speed, stiff carcasses, really deep tread pattern at the back, better than E07s in almost all respects and lasts forever. I did a trip Cape Town Namibia Botswana Zim Zambia Namibia Cape Town on a set of Anakee II's but will do it on Heidis if I have the choice again.

Attachments

• Heidenau_K60-Scout_pair.jpg
    Heidenau_K60-Scout_pair.jpg
    67.6 KB
My last set as K60's and they leaked, tyre pressure was always going down, even worse on rough terrain

I liked them though, apart from the leaking issue