Another 1150 ABS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreyer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
I just want to clarify something first and then jump to the problem at hand...

Whenever I pull away, the ABS activates or something swiches on that sounds like a pump or something. It's a very distinct noise. Is this the case with all the 1150's?

Now for the problem. I went for a ride yesterday on a bit of technical terrain. Now I asked previously how to disengage the ABS, and yesterday for some reason got it right...or so I think...only the bottom ABS light was illumiated, not flashing, just on, and the rear was locking up with no interference from the ABS, and no noise from the ABS when pulling away. So I assumed it was working correctly

Well, I went down a hill, and every now and then heard a knocking noise which sounded like the ABS labouring, as if it wanted to interfere, but wasn't allowed to. Then coming back up the hill my large Vespa screen and lack of leg length (and probably experience) left me in a tight spot and I lost my footing and fell over. Picked up the bike, but then it fell over to the other side. (it was now revving with the wheels in the air :patch:) anyway, managed to get back up and made it out. Started the bike after a while, no funny noises, and went riding (ABS now activated again) on a uneven clearing and stopped. When I swiched the bike on this time and started riding, the ABS did make it's normal noise, but accompanied by a really funny knocking noise  ??? At first I thought that my centre stand was down and maybe hit a rock, but when I started a bit later and pulled away, I reallized that it was indeed coming from the ABS.

Any idea what this might be?

Latest posts