Another Makekeng RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So after much effort, sweat and arguing on what to pack, the mighty GS is finally ready for the trip.

oLylNEj.jpg

11:30 Friday afternoon. Engen garage corner Hans Strydom / Lynwood. 6 guys, 1 girl, ready for some riding  ;D

From left to right: Julienne, Straatkat, Minxy, Bushtrotter, HSK. Swifty is lurking somewhere. Picture by Neil.

sHeMq9R.jpg

We made our way through Cullinan and hit some pretty epic dirt roads up to Naboom. Straatkat and Neil practice some synchronized falling in the thick sand. I personally only have one near death experience where I see the back wheel going past the front, nothing major. Looking on the bright side I think my skills in sand riding have gone up a notch. Didn't take many pictures of the ride, Neil has some video footage we still need to edit and upload later.

fpITKTv.jpg

Nearing Naboom Swifty picked up a puncture. We decided to stop and try fix things while having some drinks at Sacha's.

tAlTEmj.jpg

ZSIrI5r.jpg

Myself, doing a great job assisting with the puncture *cough*

ZAnEw13.jpg

We take it easy the rest of the way and arrive safely at Makekeng around 6pm. Swifty and HSK only joining us later as they stayed till later at Sacha's to fix the SE.

HCMTf1p.jpg

We receive a warm welcome from the local Pôkôlô :D

blYgd1K.jpg

fDNONTk.jpg

Saturday a whole bunch of dogs went for some more riding, I had too much fun at the party the previous night so I decide to stay and play with the puppy.

kyvQDwC.jpg

Here's some more pics from the Saturday

Cooking around the fire. The food was really to die for! I ate so much I could barely fit back into my riding pants.

ne0vqPM.jpg

Doing burnouts!

26l4mQD.jpg

The aftermath:

ggLRztY.jpg

Bit of a mix and match but that's all I got for now, will upload some more pics / video soon :)

Minxy said:
So after much effort, sweat and arguing on what to pack, the mighty GS is finally ready for the trip.

oLylNEj.jpg

11:30 Friday afternoon. Engen garage corner Hans Strydom / Lynwood. 6 guys, 1 girl, ready for some riding  ;D

From left to right: Julienne, Straatkat, Minxy, Bushtrotter, HSK. Swifty is lurking somewhere. Picture by Neil.

sHeMq9R.jpg

We made our way through Cullinan and hit some pretty epic dirt roads up to Naboom. Straatkat and Neil practice some synchronized falling in the thick sand. I personally only have one near death experience where I see the back wheel going past the front, nothing major. Looking on the bright side I think my skills in sand riding have gone up a notch. Didn't take many pictures of the ride, Neil has some video footage we still need to edit and upload later.

fpITKTv.jpg

Nearing Naboom Swifty picked up a puncture. We decided to stop and try fix things while having some drinks at Sacha's.

tAlTEmj.jpg

ZSIrI5r.jpg

Myself, doing a great job assisting with the puncture *cough*

ZAnEw13.jpg

We take it easy the rest of the way and arrive safely at Makekeng around 6pm. Swifty and HSK only joining us later as they stayed till later at Sacha's to fix the SE.

HCMTf1p.jpg

We receive a warm welcome from the local Pôkôlô :D

blYgd1K.jpg

fDNONTk.jpg

Saturday a whole bunch of dogs went for some more riding, I had too much fun at the party the previous night so I decide to stay and play with the puppy.

kyvQDwC.jpg

Here's some more pics from the Saturday

Cooking around the fire. The food was really to die for! I ate so much I could barely fit back into my riding pants.

ne0vqPM.jpg

Doing burnouts!

26l4mQD.jpg

The aftermath:

ggLRztY.jpg

Bit of a mix and match but that's all I got for now, will upload some more pics / video soon :)

Lekker RR minxy!  :thumleft:

Nice one Minxy! :thumleft:

Skoon skuins bef*k van jaloersgeid!

(Whaleson, pls translate in CAPITAL speech - Ta.)

Awesome !!  :thumleft: :thumleft: Shit i am so pissed off that I had to miss out  :xxbah:

My favourite part of the trip was Lood se Pad.
Here I am leading the pack ;) Hahahaha, I wish!

jocOaMv.jpg

XrAx3WQ.jpg

R0gKsC2.jpg

Myself, Neil and Natasha being served the yummy food I mentioned in my first post. Some of the best chicken I've ever had  :drif:

MylaICW.jpg

KR guard of the delicious chicken

ASOreiw.jpg

More friday festivities

YN7HoRx.jpg

LtGp7mt.jpg

CciqgFh.jpg

4xmx58k.jpg

Here's some pictures HSK took of the Saturday morning ride. As I was being a lazy bum and skipped it, I'll just make up some commentary.

Swifty and Mark Hardy

iRF6TKB.jpg

Malibu and Mark

jZoqLdA.jpg

wLSR7Zp.jpg

Mikie mounting the bike from the curb... Maybe it's time to invest in a side stand :p

ZqEQPu2.jpg

Swifty making rude gestures again eish

2c7IDLM.jpg

Mark and Straatkat

KDzS9bq.jpg

The legendary proposal. Truly a special moment, I think everyone was left speechless and some of us even shed some tears of happiness! Congratulations again Mark and Malibu. You guys are perfect for each other. Wishing you both the happily ever after you so very much deserve  :)

rA4BUtj.jpg

XIr4sx4.jpg

JAi2z9w.jpg

Here's Leon showing us what he thinks of having his picture taken. Also Natasha and Mikie in the pic.

5kfvkIW.jpg

For Saturday night's entertainment we have Dj Dominee in the house

0bgXdfN.jpg

Leon

0gRKDpO.jpg

And Mikie strikes oil!!!

bV7Wh3e.jpg

HT5hvKH.jpg

Bud500 / Deon and not KR (Thanks for correcting me HSK, I am clearly not as good as you are at identifying people by their bald spots. No harm intended :p )

mdmDL6U.jpg

What a lekka RR :thumleft:  Will try and get some video footage for you so you can convert it to clips showing the areas in which we rode.

Think the last pic was not KR but Bud500 (Deon) - he refused to leave that bed :lol8:

Hondsekierie said:
What a lekka RR :thumleft:  Will try and get some video footage for you so you can convert it to clips showing the areas in which we rode.

Think the last pic was not KR but Bud500 (Deon) - he refused to leave that bed :lol8:

Oh dear, my mistake will edit it :D Really looked like KR to me from that angle.
And do that kierie, I want to put together a lekke video :)

Hey Barb, i may have a receding hairline, but still no baldness. Also, i'm on the wrong side of 100, not 130 :peepwall:

AND - i certainly dont go to bed that early :laughing4:

You owe me Barbs :deal:

Minxy said:
Mikie mounting the bike from the curb... Maybe it's time to invest in a side stand :p

ZqEQPu2.jpg

And Mikie strikes oil!!!

bV7Wh3e.jpg

HT5hvKH.jpg

Why do I need a side stand? I had KTMs, trees and pavements to Lean on, those side stands are expensive  :peepwall:

Awesome pics of hitting the water pipe, I didnt think anyone managed to get evidence  ;)

Malibu said:
Sigh... ;D

How awesome... all the new pics just make the weekend happen again...  :)

When is Mark adding his pics?