Another statistic, another sore body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200gs.rider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So, there it happened. On Thursday evening I became one of the statistics of our roads. Another motorbike accident. Another sore body, another f$%ked-up bike.

I was cruising along happily down the R55 from Woodmead towards Pretoria, still before Kyalami, on Thursday evening, minding my own business, when all of sudden, out of nowhere this bl#$dy chick decided to make a u-turn right in front of me.

Man, I tell you, these things happen so quickly. The one moment I was still doing about 60 to 80, the next moment there was this car right in front of me. I don’t think I had more than 5 meters to react. I hid her right, smack bang, on  the driver door, almost landed inside the car myself. Came to a dead stop in less than 5 meters. Not fun even doing 60 to 80.

Long story short, I got home with a very sore shoulder and pelvis. And let me tell you, the stiffness and pain now only start to kick in. Went to casualties for x-rays, etc. Shoulder dislocated and still busy with test on my perlvis to see what exactly is wrong.

The bike is f$%ked. Dunno what BM will rip me off with to get it back to its original condition. When I think of it I dunno what to feel worse about, my body that hurts the way it do, or looking at the pony and see how she has been damaged. From pristine condition to f%^ked in 2ms. SH#T!!!

Please guys and gals be careful out there. Be very careful!! I got off lightly, considering myself still lucky to be able to sit here and type this message. Watch out for these people making u-turns where you expect it the least. It is so difficult to predict and impossible to see beforehand. Maybe its best to go off road and stay on the gravel at the left. Dunno, just watch out and rather go slow if you are not sure.