Be safe out there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandaattack1

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Yesterday afternoon at around 18:30 I had the biggest crash on a motorcycle to date.

I accelerated from a robot on my commute home from work, then suddenly felt a hard hit on the rear of my bike and I went flying. I tumbled a bit and then skid about 50m-80m and the bike went quite a bit further. Luckily the road was clear and no other cars were around us.

A guy in a Mercedes decided he wanted to cross the road from a slip-way, and take the gap between myself and the other traffic. He accelerated across the 3 lane road when he thought I had passed him and hit my right side, on the exhaust/passenger footpeg area. Literally centimeters from my leg. Something was looking out for me.

I am A OK! I was wearing closed shoes, a long pant and my trusty BMW airflow jacket along with a decent set of leather gloves. I was also wearing my Ogio 'No Drag' backpack. I walked away, mostly unscathed. I have a lot of bruising on my body, and a lekker roasty on my stomach and right hip. At no point in the crash did my helmet touch the ground. Phew! Moving around was tough today.

As for the bike... Dropped off at Ducati this morning to get a quote on repairs. But from how things look at the moment, I rate she's a write off. Swing arm, rear shock and subframe are all bent out of shape. Engine casing, handlebars and front disk took most of the grind in the front. $$$$$

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wear your gear! I truly believe my kit saved me a TON of hurt yesterday. If it wasn't for that backpack, jacket and gloves I would no doubt be typing a completely different story from hospital.

This is not a post to seek attention, it is an attempt to motivate you guys to WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!

Ride safe and keep your head on swivel!

1x appropriately named 'No Drag' backpack:
YBUbTsU.jpg